维生素D非常安全。许多报告表明，长期服用每天2000 IU是安全的，不会产生任何副作用。实际上，每天最多10,000 IUs的维生素D也应该是安全的。之所以如此，是因为当我们的裸露的手和脸在一天中最热的时间仅暴露于阳光下15分钟时，我们得到大约10,000 IU。请注意，皮肤黝黑的人往往得到维生素D的量较低。因此，每当有晴天的时候，都要出去晒太阳。
Wed. Jan 22, 2020 (jkzx.com) – The virus found in Wuhan China is a type of coronavirus – of the same family to which Sars virus belongs. The virus named 2019-nCoV does not seem to be too virulent. So far, among 500 people infected with the virus, about 10 died. Children and the elderly and people in poor health are at high risk for complications or death. Bad thing about the virus is that this animal originated virus can spread from person to person. So even if you do not eat wild animals like snake, you can still get the virus if you show up in crowded public places, particularly in hospitals and shopping malls, rail stations, and airports.
Innate immunity is very important in preventing infection of this 2019-nCov coronavirus. Actually innate immunity is important for preventing all sorts of viral infections. Vitamin D is one of the most important supplements you can take to boost your innate immunity, which has been proved in the prestigious science journal Nature. Remember that the Spanish influenza that killed 50 millions of people worldwide started in January 1918. Now we are in January 2020. In January, the weather is cold in China and many other regions and people tend to stay home. That is, people tend to be vitamin D deficient. It just makes sense that taking vitamin D can help prevent viral infections.
Remember also bird flu infections in China and in the U.S. I received reports from some physicians that claim that during bird flu seasons, among patients who were taking high doses of vitamin D, none acquired any bird flu infection. In contrast, those who did not take any vitamin D, their infection risk was high.
Vitamin D supplements are very safe to use. Many reports indicate that taking 2000 IUs per day for a long term proves to be safe and this dose does not result in any side effects. In effect, up to 10,000 IUs of vitamin D a day can also be safe. Doctors may inject 50,000 IUs per month to correct vitamin D deficiency. When our bare hands and face are exposed to the sunshine at the hottest hours of the day for merely 15 minutes, we get about 10,000 IUs. Note that people with dark skin tend to make less vitamin D. So go out to get exposed to sunshine whenever you have a sunny day.
Vitamin C can not only boost innate immunity but also adaptive immunity against viral infections. Take a high dose of vitamin C just because it is very safe to use. Tamiflu is an antiviral drug the Japanese has been using for years. Studies found out that vitamin C can be at least as effective as Tamiflu. Vitamin C results in no side effects. So everyone should take vitamin C which human beings cannot synthesize.
Other measures every one needs to take include the following:
- If you are sick, or carry chronic disease, or in poor health, or young, or you have any conditions that can compromise your immunity, you better stay home with windows wide-open.
- Avoid going to crowded public locations. Hospitals are dangerous places where all sorts of patients gather. Your risk of getting infected with some pathogenic viruses or bacteria from hospitals is high.
- Eat a nutrient dense diet but do not over eat it. Avoid sugar, and processed foods that can hamper your immunity against viral infections. That is, do not eating foods in a way to cause stress on your system.
- Take some supplements. In addition to vitamin D and C, zinc, selenium, vitamin B6, magnesium, vitamin B12 can also help immunity against viral infection. However, the role of vitamin A is controversial and you better not take vitamin A supplements even though you can eat as much green vegetables as you can without any bad impact. Vitamin A can be an antagonist of vitamin D.
- Stay warm. Sleep early and sufficiently. Drink plenty of hot water a day.
We do not fully understand how dangerous it is to experience 2019-nCoV infection. But taking some preventative measures can reduce your risk of dying from this coronavirus drastically.
How to avoid contracting Wuhan coronavirus covid-19?
The World Health Organization issued the following advice about how to reduce risk of contracting Wuhan coronavirus covid-19.
1) Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub frequently.
2) Practice respiratory hygiene. When coughing and sneezing, make sure to cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue or paper towel. Discard tissue quickly into a closed bin. And then clean your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based antibacterial gel.
3) Stay at least 1 meter or 3 feet away from others, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing or have a fever. Covip-19 can be spread through the air your breath.
4) Do not touch eyes, nose, and mouth. Hands touch many things and can be tainted with the virus and when touching eyes, nose and mouth, virus can be transferred to these organs.
5) If you have symptoms like fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention quickly. Like all other types of viruses, covip-19 does not have any treatments. However, some aggressive medical procedures may be taken as an emergency measure and lives may be saved if the illness progresses into such a stage.
6) If you did not travel to China, but developed some mild flu-type of symptoms, practice basic respiratory, hand hygiene and stay home until you fully recover.
7) Wash hands after you touch animals or meats. Do not touch wild animals and their wastes or fluids.
8) Do not eat raw or uncooked animal meats.