Contact Dr. Lu for information about cancer treatments。聯繫盧博士，獲取有關癌症治療資訊。
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, September 30, 2022
Remarkable Progress in Regression of Liver Cancer
Less than six months to decrease tumor mass by 85%
by Andrew W. Saul, Robert G. Smith, PhD and Ron Hunninghake, MD
OMNS (Sept. 30, 2022) We report a liver cancer patient’s success with intravenous vitamin C, 70,000 mg twice weekly, coupled with chemotherapy.
Following a 65 year old male’s diagnosis of stage four colon cancer and a partial bowel resection, scans revealed a tumor in the left lobe of the liver (Feb 23, 2022): 6.5 cm x 4.3 cm. The patient received 5FU chemotherapy, which although generally regarded as palliative for bowel cancer, is not considered curative. Indeed, both the patient’s oncologists told him that his condition was not curable and he might expect to live two years with treatment. 5FU is even less effective, if effective at all, against liver carcinoma. This prognosis motivated the patient to begin intravenous vitamin C treatments, starting at 20 grams (20,000 milligrams) and working up to 70g (70,000 mg) twice weekly.
Less than three months later, the liver tumor was reduced to 3.8 x 3.3 cm (May 16, 2022). The patient continued IV vitamin C, 70g twice weekly, and scans revealed a further reduction to 3.1 x 2.4 cm Aug 15, 2022. At this point he had completed a total of 48 IVC treatments, eight to work up from 20g to 60g, then 40 treatments at 70g.
Given an approximately ellipsoidal volume, in which the 3rd dimension was equal to the average of the other 2 dimensions, the measurements show:
Volume = 4/3 * PI * radius A * radius B * radius C
Patient’s initial tumor volume: 4/3 * PI * 3.25 * 2.15 * 2.7 => 79 cm3
Volume at second scan: 4/3 * PI * 1.9 * 1.65 * 1.775 => 23.3 cm3
Tumor volume at third scan: 4/3 * PI * 1.55 * 1.2 * 1.375 => 10.7 cm3
We see this result, from 79 cm3 down to 10.7 cm3, a reduction in volume by more than 85% as important, as it represents a major decrease in less than 6 months.
Additionally, we report this observation: there was an amazing stability of all his blood work, but especially his WBCs, his neutrophil/lymphocyte ratios, platelet counts, and the rapid improvement in the initially elevated alkaline phosphatase.
“There is no evidence that anecdotal information is any less accurate then clinical information. Where are the good old days, when honest physicians honestly reported what they saw in language that any doctor could understand?” (Abram Hoffer, MD, PhD)
For more information about the use of intravenous vitamin C to treat and reverse cancer, we recommend reading additional reports and scientific literature on this topic. [1-6]
1. Passwater M (2021) Summary of Recent Research with Three Nutrients in the War Against Cancer. Orthomolecular Medicine News Service. http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v17n26.shtml
2. Yuen RCF (2021) High Dose Vitamin C for Cancer: The Struggle with “Non-Evidence-Based” Medical Practice. Orthomolecular Medicine News Service. http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v17n20.shtml
3. Galindo Salom H, Carrillo C, Galvis G (2020) Impact of intravenous vitamin C megadose on the quality of life of terminal cancer patients. Orthomolecular Medicine News Service. http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n45.shtml
4. Saul AW (2019) Why vitamin C fights cancer so well, and why more and more oncologists are now using it. Orthomolecular Medicine News Service. http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v15n11.shtml
5. Cantley L, Yun J (2020) Intravenous High-Dose Vitamin C in Cancer Therapy. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/research/key-initiatives/ras/ras-central/blog/2020/yun-cantley-vitamin-c
6. Ngo B, Van Riper JM, Cantley LC, Yun J (2019) Targeting cancer vulnerabilities with high-dose vitamin C. Nat Rev Cancer. 2019 May; 19: 271-282. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30967651
Nutritional Medicine is Orthomolecular Medicine
Orthomolecular medicine uses safe, effective nutritional therapy to fight illness. For more information: http://www.orthomolecular.org
Find a Doctor
To locate an orthomolecular physician near you: http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v06n09.shtml