When your kids go to school, you would advise that they not eat foods offered by any strangers. But we feel very comfortable taking medications, vaccines that are made by strangers and are known to have killed many people.
In the publishing of the scientific reports, scientific journals would often request authors to disclose their conflict of interest. This is important because it is commonly recognized that if an author has an interest in a product or service he is studying, his study and or his report on the study can be potentially biased.
New medias rarely publicly disclose their associations with the industries. In fact, all news media outlets have interest in industries because the latter invests tons of money in news media outlets. Do you think any news media outlets would tell you the truth about a product or service they cover? A smart person would have no problem figuring that out.
All news media outlets survive because of the income from advertisement. None of the mainstream news media outlets would dare to say anything bad about a product or service. In doing so, they offend their ad buyers or the prospective ad buyers, and as a result, lose their income.
That is why all news media outlets that live on the income from industrial or commercial advertisement can be dishonest because of the conflict of interest. That is why essentially media outlets that count on advertisement income from the industries, particularly the medical industry and drug industry, their reports are not trustworthy.
Naive consumers never thought about this but dishonesty is the foundation of many businesses. In order to develop or increase a business, the owner needs to make sure that there is a need or a market for his products or services. One thing many businesses are doing is creating the need for their products or services to increase sales.
1) Dentists can damage your intact teeth using their tools, which can eventually lead to cavities, and then later they come to fix the problems for a fee.
2) Car garages can damage your car parts and then later they come to fix it for a fee. Every year, as reported, more than 30 billions of dollars worth business is created this way.
3) Medical services /medicines can damage your health and then doctors can help fix them for a fee. Many treatments and medications can damage your long-term health interest. Women in areas where the density of physicians is higher are more likely to develop breast cancer.
4) Manufacturers of consumer goods design products such as cars, smart phones, electronics, computers, on purpose to limit their life or durability or functionality so that consumers can keep buying the newer versions.
Those who watch news TV every day from the mainstream outlets may not be aware of one thing _ they get brainwashed without noticing anything. They trust whatever they are told. Never question anything.
Mistrusting can lead to dare consequences – damage to your interest! because the bottom-line is that the world has always two sides, good and evil. If you trust the evil, you are doomed.
In a word, money directs how news stories should be reported. Whom you are the news media outlets need to tell you the truth? You as a consumer ever pay a penny to CNN or Washington Post or New York Times? Yes, you can pay to subscribe to some newspapers, but you subscribe to it even though the paper keeps lying to you because you do not care. The industries are not like those stupid consumers. They dispatch all sorts of informants watching news reports. If they detect any report that is against them, they will act. What the news media outlets can do?
Unfortunately, many consumers make their judgement based on how they feel it. (fall into traps of marketing. Marketing number 1 and last rule is to say something that pleases consumers to a point that they are ready to get a product.) They are not capable to think something through logically, scientifically. Or they are ignorant or indifferent if not incompetent. These are the consumers to become victims.
2) 汽車修理廠或車間可能會損壞您的汽車零件，然後你支付費用聘請他們來修理它。每年，至少價值超過 300 億美元的企業就是通過這種方式創造出來的。
总之，金钱决定了新闻报道应该如何报道。 你是谁的新闻媒体需要告诉你真相？ 作为消费者，您曾向 CNN、华盛顿邮报或纽约时报支付一分钱吗？ 是的，您可以付费订阅某些报纸，但即使报纸因为您不在乎而不断向您撒谎，您仍会订阅。 这些行业不像那些愚蠢的消费者。 他们派出各种线人观看新闻报道。 如果他们发现任何对他们不利的报告，他们就会采取行动。 新闻媒体能做什么？
不幸的是，许多消费者根据他们的感受做出判断。 （落入营销陷阱。营销第一条和最后一条规则是说一些让消费者满意的事情，以至于他们准备好购买产品。）他们无法逻辑地、科学地思考问题。 或者，如果不是无能，他们就是无知或冷漠。 这些都是消费者成为受害者。